Focusing on behavioral styles, this module delivers the message that teams are built through understanding individual differences and emphasizing communication skills to build effective teams. Problem identification and solutions will be of special value to team-based work groups.
BEHAVIORAL WORK STYLES ..."Building Communication Bridges"
""Interaction and effective communication with different kinds of people can be difficult and stressful. We need tools to build communication bridges and reduce stress."
- Grant & Cross
Communication Bridges Tools
- Elevate self-awareness and understanding of others
- Adapt behavior to build rapports
- Communicate effectively with people who are different/difficults
- Manage conflicts
- Become people literates
- Accelerate employee developments
- Six Motivational Power Points
- "The Sandwich Rule"
- Personal Behavioral Assessment
- People Reading
- Strategies to Build on Strengths; Control Weaknesses
- Techniques to Work/Sell/Manage/Lead with Style
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL TEAMS ...Teams Work
"I deal with difficult people every day. Sometimes, I'm surprised to learn they think I am the difficult person."
- Grant & Cross
Team Communication Tools
- Know yourself: evaluate personal behavior
- Understand others for communication connection
- Learn to read people
- Develop personal communication flexibility
- Skills for dealing with difficult and diverse people
- Generate Win/Win teams that work
- Six Principles of Motivation
- Observable Behavior Assessment
- People Reading Chart
- Identifying Styles of Team Players
- Communication Bridges to Make Your Teams Work
- Three Communication Tools to Build Win/Win Teams
CONFLICT RESOLUTION ..."Defuse Anger"
"When people understand what each other mean, they see, for the most part, that controversy is either superfluous or hopeless."
- Cardinal Newman
- Avoid miscommunications, misunderstandings and clashes
- Respond to the substance, not react to the style
- Influence others to gain cooperation
- Overcome biased perceptions
- Open dialogue the leads to resolution
Conflict Resolution Tools
- Deal with Difficult People
- Defuse Anger
- "I" Messages
- The Hammer
- Anticipate Reactions and Responses
- Set Limits with Ground Rules
- Face the Consequences
PROBLEM SOLVING ..."F.A.S.T. Problem Solving"
"Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them."
- Albert Einstein
F.A.S.T. Problem Solving Tools
- Learn the F.A.S.T. Formula for problem solving
- Focus on objectivity
- Open the mind to different points of view
- Choose among selected alternatives
- Followup on actions
- Engage feedback mechanisms
- Find Facts First ...Five A's
- Assess All Alternatives ...Two Components
- Select Alternative Solutions ...Three Elements
- Tasks To Do ...Two Factors
| Fearless Speaking | Communicating | Personal Coaching |
Home | About Us | Contact Us | Archived Toolkits | Blog |
© 2013 All Rights Reserved
Grant Cross Communications Group, Inc.
The PEOPLE TOOLS Company
61 Timber Creek Circle • Sylva, North Carolina 28779 • Office: (828) 586-8550
Cell: (630) 915-8943 • email: ngrant@GrantCross.com • www.GrantCross.com